Wednesday, April 14, 2010

business-casual v 2.0

So I finally finished my last days of official in-office training for my (not-so-new) job. This means I only have to battle Atlanta rush hour two days a week instead of five! I have been way busier probably than I have ever been in my life but I feel like this change to my commute will (hopefully) give me a little more room to breathe. At the very least I'll get six hours of my life back from the clutches of traffic and that, my friends, is cause to celebrate.

So in the spirit of celebration of less business-casual and more PJs (though no less work) I'm spending a bit of my precious free time to (finally) showcase part deux of some of my better business-casual days.

I got this shirt at XXI and I am basically obsessed with it because it reminds me of a cross between Cassie from Skins (British version of Degrassi, but way better/more intense) and Emma Pillsbury from Glee, which is a pretty weird combination. This outfit also features cameos by: best pencil skirt ever from H&M, trusty purple cardigan, and grey tights (also obsessed- they go with everything).




Detail: The bow is actually sewn on with lace and everything, which is about a million times cuter than the ones I've seen that are just a screen print.






This one is a dress, and I like it because the waist is high and the skirt is cut a bit on the short side but in a modest way that makes me look super tall and leggy, especially when I wear it with heels. I don't really mind being short (5'1 to be exact), in fact I pretty much love it most of the time, but leggy-ness makes me feel like I'm on America's Next Top Model. In fact, I have pretty much turned the hallway to the restroom in my office into a practice runway so that if I ever meet Tyra and Ms. Jay, my walk will be ready.

As my reduced-commute-celebration resolution (totally a real thing), I'm going to make a personal goal to make a post here at least weekly. I want to keep working on something that I'm proud of that is for the purpose of creativity and my general personal sanity, instead of money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment