Sunday, March 14, 2010

aaand we're off

So once there was a girl. This girl wanted to start a blog but couldn't in good conscience do so while her layout was still a hot mess. So then this girl (finally) found possibly the most adorable theme of all time which didn't even ruin her widgets and God noticed and blew some fairy dust all over her computer and said that everything was good.

Alright so introductory summary, here we come. I'll (try to) keep it short since I'm sure anyone initially reading this already knows me. I'm Toria. I'm 24 (still not used to that at ALL) and I have been graduated from college (KSU) for over a year (still makes me feel weird to think about). I'm struggling to be a grown up, because I thought that stuff came naturally but surprise, it doesn't. I still don't know what household product to use on most stains, I probably couldn't correctly do my taxes without my dad walking me through it, and I still haven't gotten my career situation nailed down quite yet. But I'm working on all of those things and more.

I graduated an English major with a minor in Film and my dream is pretty much to be an editor of some sort somewhere. In my fantasies this involves books of some kind, but in reality I'll take what I can get. I recently landed a decent job all on my own without any foot-in-the-door contacts through my parents or anyone else, which I am frankly rather proud of. I know that so much of being hired at most places is about who you know, but it feels good when you are hired based on your resume and personality. Anyway I am enjoying my new job and though I probably will not do it forever, it is really working for me right now. I work for a company that (among many other sales/PR/whatever functions) handles secret shoppers. My job is in the Quality Control department and I basically look over the reports that the secret shoppers submit and make sure everything makes sense, the points are right, etc. before sending it on to the companies. I get to proofread a bit, so at least it's kinda in my field. But like I said I am enjoying it so far and after my training period (another month-ish) I will get to telecommute most of the time (SCORE).

Oh, and if you're wondering about the name, Vulpyx is just sort of a handle I have that stems from one of my characters in WoW (World of Warcraft) because a] Vulpix was taken and b] I love pokemon. Did I mention I am a huge nerd? Seriously. Not sure what else to say about myself so I think I'll wrap it up for now. I'm totally down for answering questions though, for the record.

Soon I hope to make a fashion-based post, basically about what I wear (trying not to sound conceited here) but I'm pretty pumped about that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment